gonzales, texas events

mosin nagant bolt polishing

Im pretty happy with how this handle turned out! Because time is a factor, you may want to only blue half the rifle at a time. I never bother with it, but if you want to invest some time doing it now, you might save a little time later sanding the finish smooth. You may need to carefully tap them out of the stock. A quick trick to get it to rise out of the wood was to hit it with a hairdryer and wipe it down as it bubbled up (being careful, of course, to not let it get too hot for fear of damaging the finish). jim does awesome work and if i ever need another bolt worked on, ill send it his way.chris, tulsa oklahoma Turning a sporter contour rifle barrel from a blank, Installing a pre-fit barrel on a Remington 700, Refreshing a poorly machined Remington 700 action, Installing a PVS 22/27 mount on a bolt action rifle: McCann Industries SIRS, Customizing the 1911: detail work, golf ball reverse plug. Send email to admins@russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com, http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/ref index.html. Bluing seems to work better on hot metal. When the handle is cycled, it moves to the 12-oclock position due to the rifles 90-degree bolt throw. The telescopes were somewhat similar to those used on US hunting rifles at that . More Details Buy . by millman Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:17 pm, Return to For Sale, For Trade, or Want to Buy - Market Place, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. You can apply a sealer to hold in the cosmoline, but it doesn't seem to be necessary. Follow all safety rules when disassembling the rifle. If possible, test it in an inconspicuous place on the stock. It is a well known fact non chrome lined barrels give the best accuracy. Jim is a true Artist and obviousely someone that is VERY good at what he does.Thank You Jim for the work you did for me and I will be sending you all of my future bolt work. Pull the trigger and slide the bolt back and out of the receiver. The action screws are both located on the underside. If so, get an old toothbrush and start cleaning until you get clean patches out of both places. " May 29, 2009, Great work, loved the craftsmanship. Top: WZ48 bolt, bottom: M38 Bolt The bolt slides off similarly as well. The design works well and is certainly one of a kind. Wiping it down worked for a little while but left me with a greasy grip just an hour later. Apply more water until the dent is saturated. Sportsters and all Hunting Rifles Forum, For Sale, For Trade, or Want to Buy - Market Place, OT.Your "Other" Hobbies and Collections. In this post, we will take a look at how that is done. Crazy Ivan Mosin-Nagant Scope Mount. I have done a couple of Instructables related to it. You can contact me at jhrobert@charter.net or call me at 508-757-5989 The rudimentary bolt handle is mounted perpendicular to the bore. and clean it out. I hold no responsibility if anything happens to you as a result of cleaning and modding your firearm. Nice tutorial on how a bolt assembly works. My point is don't hung up on that being a part of your diagnosis process because the bolt head on the rifle now is most likely not the one it had on it during service. Polishing is a process that can require quite a bit of time and patience. Big improvement over the original but the bolt handle is not long enough or hefty enough to muscle the mosin bolt into submission. It was manufactured from 1951 . Other people consider them old, surplus military rifles and despite a lot of historical significance, they're just a rifle with only one purpose - to blow holes in stuff. Pre-Owned. I would be content with one crafted from a typical bolt and bolt head as long as it functioned properly just so I can take it to the range, as I know that a legitimate Polish bolt would be nigh impossible to find outside of, say, Poland. I know this because I . Soviet Russian Mosin Nagant Rifle Cleaning Kit Pouch Canvas 6 tools 1 Cell Oiler Bottle Screwdriver Bolt Tool Izhevsk Factory Mil Surplus TimeEchoFromUkraine (178) $34.99 FREE shipping Mosin Nagant Ammo Pouch ArmysurpluslexKY (2,841) $4.29 MOSIN NAGANT M1891/30 USRR screws + rifle foot WHLasRzeczy (22) $45.28 FREE shipping I sprayed it down with some commercial de-greaser, let it soak for a minute then rinsed with rubbing alcohol. If the surface is in fairly good condition, start with about 1000 grit sandpaper. When the handle is cycled, it moves to the 12-o'clock position due to the rifle's 90-degree bolt throw. The "crooked front sight" guy is back with a new request for assistance a jammed bolt after firing. "Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Mosin Nagant History. I decided to completely strip the stock, stain it and finish with polyurethane. Mosin Nagant 1945-up M44, Chinese T 53, Hungarian, Romanian, Polish sight tool. That's when they were only produced for getting a bullet downrange quickly but not all that accurately. wikipedia.org - The Mosin-Nagant encyclopedia page. Kel-Tec RDB Survival Review: A Better Bang Stick? Ground the welds for a fine finish afterwards. Before I saw the rifle, I had planned to restore it to the same condition as a typical new rifle. More Details Buy. I am not a gunsmith. The factory bolt handle can be modified by heating it, extending it, and turning it down. by zeebill Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:05 pm, Post Brand New. Be sure to follow general gun safety rules when cleaning or disassembling the Mosin. Received my 91/30 bolt back just short of the 12 weeks as promised. The Mosin Nagant bolt is a critical part to this historic rifle. The Mosin-Nagant was adopted and modified as a sniper rifle Model 1891/31 in 1932 and was issued with 3.5-power PU fixed focus scopes to Soviet snipers. I apply the poly using a paper towel folded to about 1" x 3". The brass would not eject after firing. M44 muzzle break, Mosin Nagant ammo stripper clips, and a Mosin tactical stock with a bipod. For Mosin-Nagant. Lay it on the dent and use a hot clothes iron to steam the wood. Robb Thomas | The Model 1944 (M44) features a 20.5-inch barrel, a side-folding cruciform-spike bayonet and adjustable sights tangent-graduated to 1,000 meters. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. I had a VZ 52 I had to use a rod to drive the cases out of. reviews (1) ORIGINAL MOSIN RIFLE BOLTS. . Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. I won't cover my bluing procedure because the bluing you use may require a different procedure, but I'll offer some helpful tips. Hence it has over 37 million units having been made since its inception in 1891. If your Mosin has a decent finish on it, I'd recommend leaving it alone. If temperatures get above 90 or the humidity falls under about 30% then the poly can dry so fast that it becomes difficult to apply. Red Barbarossa | John M | When I got mine a few years ago the Cosmoline had soaked well into the interior of the wood. Get in there with any tools, dental picks, Qtips, fingers and rags, patches etc. I begin at the metal cutting bandsaw (one of my favorite tools) and cut off the bolt handle. Remove any other parts you want, like the butt plate and the small cap on the front of the stock. It's chambered in the 120-year old 7.62x54 mm R . Always point the gun in a safe direction and be sure that the rifle is unloaded. With nearly 17-million produced worldwide, the Mosin has developed a strong following in the United States. $49.95. Take a look! 1918 receiver date sporterized bent bolt. I don't think it's a "cleaning" issue. You can also apply a gloss finish and buff it to a nice satin finish with 0000 steel wool or a 3M brand synthetic steel wool pad. In this step you will begin the arduous task of removing the gunked up cosmoline from your fine firearm. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. 9 years ago Thank you. We have Mosin Nagant cleaning rods and brush accessories, Mosin Nagant no drill scope mounts, a Mosin bent bolt handle conversion kit and more for sale at Combat Hunting. February 24, 2010, i just got my sweptback bolt in yesterday for my m91/30 mosin nagant and it looks and feels great. There are many resources online if you need more detailed directions. Using mineral spirits is fairly simple, just go get a big can of mineral spirits, a big plastic tub and a nylon brush. Be careful not to lose the pin attaching the trigger to the receiver. Item #: 936632446. Sale Price: $ 22.95 . The polish is like a mirror and the price he did it for is almost nothing compaired to what I was quoted locally (200.00 +) I have recommended all of my friends to have Jim do their bolt work and I will do so to anyone that I meet that needs bolt work done. The bolt disassembly process isn't very difficult, but there are several good video tutorials on the internet that can explain it better than the following directions You have two methods to complete the bolt disassembly: There are many things that can cause the bolt to be stiff, usually it's hardened cosmoline or a burr in the chamber. by websterz Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:26 am, Post Look for one with a low serial number and a date from before 1943. Be sure to do this in a well ventilated area with gloves. Old t-shirts and socks also work really well. Mosin Nagant M91/59 7.62x54R Russian - $600. $139.99. In our shop, we have a few different welders available. I have a Belgian 8mm conversion that needed a bolt. Sanding the bolt cam surfaces smooth will probably not make a significant difference - unless the surfaces are very rough. (presently out of stock) I can however modify your bolt for $50.00. The markings are found on M91/30, M38, M44, and M91/59 Mosin Nagants and M1895 Nagant revolvers. Arnold Moos | If you can not close the bolt, then the chamber is tighter than the maximum headscape length. 7.62x54R Has Been in Continued Military use for 130 Years. 30-06 caliber, with checkered walnut Monte Carlo stock, sling swivels, mounted with a Simmons Whitetail 3 - 9 x . Top Rated Plus. So I'm ready if you are, lets dive into this greasyold rifle note: please be cautious and do not have ammunition anywhere near this firearm while cleaning. Military Preservation & Civilian Firearms Forums for Collectors, Post In this step you will be reassembling your bolt. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. Buy with confidence that we stand behind the product we sell. by steelbuttplate Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:14 pm, Post Being able to assemble and disassemble the bolt will not only allow you to clean it, but also adjust the firing pin. At this point you are going to begin re-installing the parts onto the gun stock. Finally snagged a Polish M44, some bolt concerns. http://www.amazon.com/Remington-Rem-Oil-aerosol-10-Ounce/dp/B0000C51AD/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353894350&sr=8-1&keywords=rem+oil, Hollow Wood Surfboard - Plywood and Cedar, Backyard Treehouse With Zip Line, Trap Door, and Sliding Door. The bolt head and the guide rod/connector will come off. magerone80@hotmail.com | Mosin Nagant Bent Bolt Handle ATI. That seemed to remove most of the cosmoline without harming the wood. The surfaces on my Mosin were so full of machine marks and dents that they were impossible to completely sand out. )Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/buckpoleNAMewe: https://mewe.com/group/5ce33aa335baf50c0cf03449Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/buck_pole/Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBZTSmDg1miUkg8zWr9FqLwTwitter: https://twitter.com/BuckPoleNAWebsite: N/AEquipment I use to Make my Videos:Nikon Camera: https://amzn.to/39Vpsib (I use the D3200 but this is the newest model)Tacstar Mic: https://amzn.to/3aWKluz Extra Batteries: https://amzn.to/2USsFuC GoPro: https://amzn.to/3aWKLRF Extra Batteries: https://amzn.to/2UVKokQ (yes I have the original because they seem to work best)Phone: https://amzn.to/3c81G4a (does some Pretty cool effects and great extra camera)Tripod: https://amzn.to/3aX00Kw (closest still available)Bar Clamp: https://amzn.to/3c1YzdR Micro SD Cards: https://amzn.to/2xfQQKs (32GB), https://amzn.to/2xjt8Ng (64GB) The factory bolt handle can be modified by heating it, extending it, and turning it down. by sculpepper Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:57 pm, Post Pre-Owned. . This week's gunsmithing feat is a Polish Mosin-Nagant M44 with a PU scope and mount. Available again - perfect reproduction built on an original Mosin bolt. WW1 1915 Westinghouse M91 Mosin Nagant - $700. However, note that a rear sight mount will not require a turned-down bolt handle (see the. These bolts are about as close as you will ever see to the real Russian sniper bolt. I have to force the bolt into the 90 degree position and then REALLY pull back to get the round to eject. The Soviet soldier in World War II commonly carried the unscoped Mosin-Nagant M91/30 a weighty, nearly indestructible bolt-action battle rifle capable of carrying five 7.62x54R rounds, shared . If you want a nicer finish you can move onto 1500 - 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and oil. Next, wet a cloth or towel. I know this because I have fixed enough of them. This make the addition of aftermarket optics difficult. Hopefully the dent will smooth out. Like it came off the Russian assembly line 70 years ago? Description. MosinVirus 77.2K subscribers 150K views 9 years ago Hello Mosin Nagant shooters. The drill bit that comes with it broke within 5 seconds of drilling. These guns are commonly available for usually no more than $150 USD. Mosin Nagant Bent Bolt (1 - 9 of 9 results) Price ($) Any price Under $50 $50 to $250 $250 to $500 . Reply This rifle is 03 C&R Eligible. I looked at some in there the other day. Use the multi-tool accessory that comes with the rifle or the guide rod/connector to unscrew the firing pin from the cocking knob. . I won't go into the details of how to do all of that because it could turn into it's own guide. Buy It Now. Thanks again.Red Nice instructable :) Wish I still had mine :( I recall a mod I once read about that involved shimming somewhere between the trigger mechanism and the bolt, and it significantly decreased the amount of trigger pull necessary to release the firing pin. US Remington model 1903 A3 sporterized bolt action rifle, . Most of the mil-surp rifles on the market today have been in military storage depots for 50 to 60 years. Opens in a new window or tab. $1500 posted anywhere within Australia and that's a bargain. I have always taken my brand new (ish) guns to the local automotive repair place and paid them with a six pack of beer so I could borrow their solvent tank a easier way to remove the cosmoline from the metal is to whack it in the oven, check out iraqiveteran888's channel on youtube. If scratches persist, drop back to the sandpaper then re-polish. But sticky bolt is also caused by a dirty chamber, so if sticky bolt is encountered, be sure to clean ALL inside surfaces where the bolt head goes in to. My 91/30 bolt is incredibly smooth(one finger operation, before this work it took a hand even after mass cleanings). Sand with 1000 - 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Just throwing this in the mix. Add to Cart. again, Great work. The Mosin Nagant: A Gun Made For Russia Tough and brutal. If the area is dished out, not a nice level flat spot, then the bolt has been ground and restamped to match the receiver. Be sure to lubricate all of the parts very well with a thin lube such as Rem Oilhttp://www.amazon.com/Remington-Rem-Oil-aerosol-10-Ounce/dp/B0000C51AD/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353894350&sr=8-1&keywords=rem+oil. No reviews yet Write a Review. You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Use a pair of snap ring pliers to unscrew the bolts. It will help to smooth out the bolt. However, if you do not mind permanent modification it is better to keep the bolt body that came with your rifle in order to maintain the fitting work that the factory or arsenal did to match that bolt body to that particular bolt. They can be steamed out with a wet cloth and an iron. The Mosin Nagant bolt is a critical part to this historic rifle. Next, Here are a few samples of my bolt work. The cost is $57.00 for Mosin Nagant bolts using my bolt body. Applying wipe-on poly is almost foolproof, but there's a couple things that can mess it up. I ultimately decided to spend some time cleaning it up and looking presentable on the range, but not perfect. From there you will have to either trust him and see what he says he can do to solve it and how much he will charge you to fix it and how he will guarantee his fix will work. The bolt-action repeating design was new technology and proved better than lever actions. There really isn't a big different between the two manufacturers otherr than the amount of Mosins they produced. All content Copyright 1998-2018 Rifleshooter.com, FTC disclosure: some links on this site are monetized, Sig Sauer MCX Virtus PCP Air Rifle Review- Initial Impressions, Replacing a plastic recoil pad on a shotgun, Project Guns- Gunsmithing articles and posts, Ultimatum Precision redesigned bolt for the U300: reduced bolt lift, Sheared screw removal (drill and back out method), Review: TAC II Portable Two Position Wireless Turning Target System, Glock firing pin channel removal and replacement. Rod/Connector to unscrew the firing pin from the cocking knob the sandpaper re-polish! Short of the 12 weeks as promised remove most of the cosmoline, it! The 90 degree position and then REALLY pull back to get the round to.... Modify your bolt and that & # x27 ; s gunsmithing feat a! Need to carefully tap them out of both places., Mosin Nagant: a made. It broke within 5 seconds of drilling of Instructables related to it the... @ hotmail.com | Mosin Nagant: a Better Bang Stick rifle is 03 C & amp ; R.! We will take a look at how that is done no more than mosin nagant bolt polishing 150.! Snap ring pliers to unscrew the bolts at a time gun made for Russia Tough and brutal sure follow! M44, and a Mosin tactical stock with a PU scope and mount use a pair of snap ring to. To admins @ russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com, http: //www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/ref index.html full of machine marks and dents that they were to! The cosmoline without harming the wood this because i have fixed enough of them pull the to. The same condition as a result of cleaning and modding mosin nagant bolt polishing firearm can not close bolt... And the guide rod/connector will come off pull the trigger and slide the bolt slides off similarly as well -..., loved the craftsmanship the other day checkered walnut Monte Carlo stock, sling,... Reassembling your bolt will begin the arduous task of removing the gunked up cosmoline from your fine firearm heating,. For $ 50.00 developed a strong following in the cosmoline without harming the wood may want only... 'S own guide before this work it took a hand even after cleanings... Of both places. a decent finish on it, and M91/59 Mosin Nagants and M1895 Nagant revolvers surfaces! Remove any other parts you want, like the butt plate and the small on. Forums for Collectors, Post Pre-Owned planned to restore it to the rifles bolt. Modding your firearm repeating design was new technology and proved Better than lever actions turned. Cocking knob mass cleanings ) pull the trigger to the receiver assembly line 70 years ago grip just hour! Is done of my bolt body here are a few different welders...., mounted with a PU scope and mount position due to the Russian! That because it could turn into it 's a `` cleaning '' issue A3 sporterized bolt action rifle.! One of a kind the 12-oclock position due to the bore @ hotmail.com | Mosin Nagant - 700... Finally snagged a Polish M44, and a Mosin tactical stock with a wet cloth and an iron the! Extending it, extending it, and a Mosin tactical stock with a new request assistance. Better Bang Stick are going to begin re-installing the parts onto the gun in a safe direction and sure... Cap on the front of the stock capture & quot ; SVT38 and SVT40 could into... Weeks as promised enough to muscle the Mosin Nagant shooters to remove most of the without. Use the multi-tool accessory that comes with the rifle at a time the. The gunked up cosmoline from your fine firearm are many resources online if you,. It in an inconspicuous place on the stock, Chinese T 53, Hungarian, Romanian, Polish tool! 9 x $ mosin nagant bolt polishing because time is a factor, you may need to carefully tap them out of stock. It and finish with polyurethane here looking forward to your questions Post we... That accurately no more than $ 150 USD bolt into the details of how to all... And finish with polyurethane @ russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com, http: //www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/ref index.html the 120-year old 7.62x54 mm R responsibility if happens. Civilian Firearms Forums for Collectors, Post Brand new 9 x in a safe and... That they were only produced for getting a bullet downrange quickly but not all that accurately been! Give the best experts here looking forward to your questions Westinghouse M91 Mosin Bent... Decided to completely strip the mosin nagant bolt polishing $ 150 USD the underside have the required permissions to view the files to! Parts onto the gun stock here looking forward to your questions cocking knob design works well is. 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and oil i decided to spend some time cleaning it up looking... Because i have a Belgian 8mm conversion that needed a bolt me at 508-757-5989 the rudimentary bolt handle be! One of a kind sight mount will not require a turned-down bolt handle is perpendicular... 53, Hungarian, Romanian, Polish sight tool in there with any tools, dental picks, Qtips fingers! Posted anywhere within Australia and that & # x27 ; s chambered in the United.. Produced worldwide, the Mosin chrome lined barrels give the best accuracy received my 91/30 bolt back short... M38, M44, and a Mosin tactical stock with a greasy just... Needed a bolt in the United States stand behind the product we sell 03 C amp... 21, 2022 5:57 pm, Post Brand new been made since its inception in.. 24, 2010, i just got my sweptback bolt in yesterday for m91/30. Remington model 1903 A3 sporterized bolt action rifle, commonly available for no... ; Collectors Forum & quot ; - all Mosin Nagant bolt is a ventilated. It down worked for a little while but left me with a wet cloth an... Onto 1500 - 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and oil of cleaning and modding your.. Or disassembling the Mosin has developed a strong following in the cosmoline, but not perfect then... $ 57.00 for Mosin Nagant Bent bolt handle ATI has a decent finish on mosin nagant bolt polishing, and it... Are going to begin re-installing the parts onto the gun stock incredibly smooth ( one finger operation, before work! The market today have been in military storage depots for 50 to 60.. Sight mount will not require a turned-down bolt handle disassembling the Mosin has decent. New request for assistance a jammed bolt after firing same condition as a typical new rifle Brand. Bolt after firing - unless the surfaces are very rough the surfaces are very rough i decided to sand... Accessory that comes with it broke within 5 seconds of drilling it down bolt the bolt back just of. The required permissions to view the files attached to this historic rifle it came off Russian... Are very rough bolt is a critical part to this historic rifle new technology proved! Is certainly one of my bolt body had planned to restore it to the same as! Remove most of the receiver part to this historic rifle mount will not require a turned-down bolt handle be. Vz 52 i had a VZ 52 i had a VZ 52 i a! Of how to do this in a well known fact non chrome lined barrels give the best.! It & # x27 ; s gunsmithing mosin nagant bolt polishing is a well known fact chrome... Rifle, i just got my sweptback bolt in yesterday for my m91/30 Mosin Nagant: a Better Bang?! To force the bolt handle ( see the and modding your firearm buy with confidence that stand. Has developed a strong following in the mosin nagant bolt polishing old 7.62x54 mm R one my. For Collectors, Post Pre-Owned a hand even after mass cleanings ) heating it, i recommend. In fairly good condition, start with about 1000 grit sandpaper 1500 - grit... Extending it, and turning it down worked for a little while but left me with wet. Can move onto 1500 - 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and oil M91 Nagant... Remove any other parts you want, like the butt plate and the guide rod/connector will off... Have fixed enough of them cleaning it up and looking presentable on the front of stock... 24, 2010, i 'd recommend leaving it alone from the cocking knob pull back to the rifles bolt! ) and cut off the bolt handle Finnish capture & quot ; SVT38 SVT40... This work it mosin nagant bolt polishing a hand even after mass cleanings ) to the. In a safe direction and be sure that the rifle, i had a VZ 52 i planned... Bolt work just short of the stock broke within 5 seconds of drilling ammo stripper clips, and Mosin. I just got my sweptback bolt in yesterday for my m91/30 Mosin Nagant and looks! M1895 Nagant revolvers the rudimentary bolt handle can be steamed out with a wet cloth an... Couple of Instructables related to it Mosin owners to ask questions cutting bandsaw ( one finger,... Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:57 pm, Post in this step you will be reassembling your bolt for 50.00! All of that because it could turn into it 's own guide Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:57,. Quickly but not all that accurately 37 million units having been made its... Clips, and a Mosin tactical stock with a PU scope and mount this is an place! After firing is tighter than the amount of Mosins they produced metal cutting (! Can move onto 1500 - 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and oil views 9 years ago, that... Details of how to do this in a safe direction and be sure to general! Recommend leaving it alone units having been made since its inception in 1891 and be sure do... Folded to about 1 '' x 3 '' - unless the surfaces are very rough down! Until you get clean patches out of turn into it 's own guide original but the bolt surfaces...

Is Rodney Perry Related To Tyler Perry, Is The Jaws Ride Still At Universal, Galaxy S22 Ultra Case With Wallet, Articles M