gonzales, texas events

henry clay descendants

Henry Clay was born at the Clay homestead in Hanover County, Virginia, in a story-and-a-half frame house. They lived in that home for about seven years before moving to Ashland around 1807. Home; Trees; Search; DNA; . $7.95 + $1.00 shipping . About 10 miles from Richmond, VA on the road to Amelea, the gave of Henry CLAY can be found on a private farm. This Henry Clay is where our family meet. Have you taken a DNA test? Discover Henry Clay. 1711the following extractI give and bequeath to my son, Henry CLAY, the land and plantation he now lives on, and two hundred acres of land at Letalone, in Goochland County, it being the Lower Survey belonging to me at the said Letalone, to him, his heirs and assigns forever. Not sure how he could be married to a slave as well. He is the first of the name Henry in America and he married Mary Mitchell who was born in 1693 and died in 1777. Historical Person Search Search Search Results Results Henry Clay III Southwick (1929 - 1975) . !WFT CD #39-This Henry was most likely the first of a long line of Henry's; each being called Henry after his father. !WFT CD #39 - listed as Mary Margaret MITCHELL. Martha Clay, b. For more information please see Henry Clay's Ashland Plantation page. Item. Apparently this was not HIS wife, but the wife of Lewis Hayden. Sermon by the Rev. "I, Henry Clay, of Henrico County, being of perfect health, mind, and memory, thanks be to God therefore, and calling to mind my mortality, and knowing that it is appointed unto all men once to die, do make and ordain this my last will and testament, that is to say, first of all I give my soul into the hands of God that gave it, and as for my body I commend it to the earth, to be buried in a Christian-like and decent form at the discretion of my executors, nothing doubting but at the general Resurrection I shall receive the same again by mighty power of God; and as to touching my worldly goods wherewith it has pleased God to bless me in this life. Item: I give to my grandson, Henry Clay(Dr. Henry Clay of Kentucky) 240 acres adjoining the land of James Hill. Lucretia Hart and Henry Clay were married on April 11, 1799 at her parents home. Leave a message for others who see this profile. Skip Ancestry navigation Main Menu. . The Clay Family Clay. between 10 November 1831 and 31 March 1842 : Burial - Lexington Cem., Lexington, Fayette Co., KY, List of all individuals in the family tree, {{ 'gw_downgraded_access_back_to_max'|translate }}, Deceased 29June1852 - Washington, D.C., Family Tree . Item: I give to my four sons, above wirtten, and to my wife to be equally divided, all the ready money and money out at use, that I shall be possessed with at my death. Steam Printers, 1882. On 30 July 1742, Henry Clay acquired 400 acres in Henrico Co. on the S. side of the James River on the head of Deep Creek adjacent to John Pride for 2 pounds. Family tradition said that he died "of Nattles at the Raells" - this is believed to mean an allergic reaction to eating nettle greens. Henry Clay Frick (December 19, 1849 - December 2, 1919) was an American industrialist, financier, and art patron.He founded the H. C. Frick & Company coke manufacturing company, was chairman of the Carnegie Steel Company, and played a major role in the formation of the giant U.S. Steel manufacturing concern. This is the main work on Henry Clays wifes family. The Clay Family. There are 8 other graves but they are marked with field stones. as Hart Clay, Sr., John Morrison Clay, Lt Col Henry Clay, Jr., Susan Hart Duralde, US Rep James Brown Clay, Henrietta Clay, Anne Brown Er Betsy Hudson Clay, George Hudson Clay, Sarah Sally Clay, Molly Clay, John Clay, Porter Clay, Tom Clay, Unknown Clay, Infant Clay, dangerous heresies.AT. Henry Clay died at the dinner table on his 88th birthday at this home called the "Raells" of the "Nettles". I give and bequeath unto my grandson Henry Clay two hundred and forty acres of land adjoining to James Hill to him and his heirs and assigns forever. He founded the H. C. Frick & Company coke manufacturing company, was chairman of the Carnegie Steel Company, and played a major role in the formation of the giant U.S. Steel steel manufacturing concern. Introduction. Descendants of slaves owned by Clays. Box 312, South Lyon, MI 48178 - Permission for use 12-11-1998. I'll reach out. Item. Henry died suddenly of "nattles" at the Roells during his annual birthday dinner. Is it true that Henry is the great great grandfather of sports and cultural legend Muhammad Ali? United States Senator, 1806-1807, 1810-1811, 1831-1842, 1849-1852; Member of Congress, 1811-1821, 1823-1825, and Speaker much of this time; Secretary of State, 1825-1829. Their children were; William Mitchell Clay; Charles Clay; John Clay; Martha Clay; Henry Clay II; Amey Clay. I likewise give and bequeath my grist mill on nuttree run to be equally divided between my sons Charles Clay and my Son John Clay to be held in Jointenancy to them and to their heirs and assigns forever. Visitors can tour the 18-room mansion, outbuildings, 17-acre grounds and gardens. Familysearch.com Web Site, Josiah Cook search, 4 Nov 2000, Donna L. Cook, 2203 Robin Road, Dodge City, Kansas. Source: Donna Sue Homes 1/7/2011. Col. Henry Clay 1711 - 1761. Thanks! Henry Clay was a second cousin of Cassius . S.C. Toof & Co. [Langston Family File.FBK.F ===[145831.ftw] [Langston Family File.FBK.FTW] Will Proven Sept. 1760, [145831.ftw] [Langston Family File.FBK.FTW] Will Proven Sept. 1760, He was left Executor of his brother, Thomas,s Estate. Item: I likewise give and bequeath my grist mill on Nuttree Run to be equally divided between my son Charles, and my son John Clay, to be joint tenancy, to them and their heirs forever. We are all related! His political career kicked off in 1803 when he was elected to the Kentucky General Assembly. Famous as the "Great Pacificator" for his contributions to domestic policy, he emphasized economic development in his diplomacy. CLAY, Henry, (father of James Brown Clay), a Senator and a Representative from Kentucky; born in the district known as the Slashes, Hanover County, Va., April 12, 1777; attended the public schools; studied law in Richmond, Va.; was admitted to the bar in 1797 and commenced practice in Lexington, Ky.; member, State house of representatives 1803; elected to the United States Senate to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of John Adair and served from November 19, 1806, to March 3, 1807, despite being younger than the constitutional age limit of thirty years; member, State house of representatives 1808-1809, and served as speaker in 1809; again elected to the United States Senate to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of Buckner Thruston and served from January 4, 1810, to March 3, 1811; elected as a Republican to the Twelfth and Thirteenth Congresses and served from March 4, 1811, to January 19, 1814, when he resigned; Speaker of the House of Representatives (Twelfth and Thirteenth Congresses); appointed one of the commissioners to negotiate the treaty of peace with Great Britain in 1814; elected as a Republican to the Fourteenth, Fifteenth, and Sixteenth Congresses (March 4, 1815-March 3, 1821); Speaker of the House of Representatives (Fourteenth, Fifteenth and Sixteenth Congresses); elected to the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Congresses and served from March 3, 1823, to March 6, 1825, when he resigned; again served as Speaker of the House of Representatives (Eighteenth Congress); appointed Secretary of State by President John Quincy Adams 1825-1829; elected as a Whig to the United States Senate on November 10, 1831, to fill the vacancy in the term commencing March 4, 1831; reelected in 1836 and served from November 10, 1831 until March 31, 1842, when he resigned; chairman, Committee on Foreign Relations (Twenty-third and Twenty-fourth Congresses), Committee on Finance (Twenty-seventh Congress); unsuccessful presidential candidate of the Democratic-Republican Party in 1824, of the National Republican Party in 1832, and of the Whig Party in 1844; again elected to the United States Senate and served from March 4, 1849, until his death in Washington, D.C., June 29, 1852; funeral services held in the Chamber of the Senate; interment in Lexington Cemetery, Lexington, Ky. Son of Charles Clay, of Charles City & Henrico and Hannah Stanley aged 75years old, Buried - Lexington Cem., Lexington, Fayette Co., KY. 1708 Henrico Co, VA. !Desc. Mary Rogers(For the Filson Club)The Clay Family p. 72 or 68. that this "He ===General Green Clay states: that this "Henry was my grandfather, and married Mary Mitchell (daughter of William and Elizabeth mitchell). Henry Clay, Sr. (April 12, 1777 - June 29, 1852), was a nineteenth-century American statesman and orator who represented Kentucky in both the Senate and the House of Representatives, where he served as Speaker. 130 E Henry Clay St is currently listed for $279,900 and was received on January 14, 2023. Edwin Porter Clay and 3 others; Unknown Clay; Molly Clay and Abigail Belcher less WIKITREE PROTECTS MOST SENSITIVE INFORMATION BUT ONLY TO THE EXTENT STATED IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY POLICY. Item: I give to my daughter Mary Watkins, Five pounds current money. He helped found both the National Republican Party and the Whig Party. Please enable JavaScript in your browser's settings to use this part of Geni. https://fortworthbusiness.com/culture/a-kentucky-tour-brings-new-truth-to-the-henry-clay-story/. Item. His compromises quelled regionalism and balanced states' rights and . Signed sealed and acknowledged before us Henry Clay - LS - George Farrar his Alison X Clark Mark George Reny Turner ****************************************** above referenced - Will Book #2, pp. John was the grandfather of Henry Clay, who was a member of the U.S. Congress and two time Whig candidate for U.S. President, negotiator of the treaty of Ghent, this Henry Clay was known as the Great Compromiser. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA. Correction/Clarification: (Published May 27, 2001) In a story printed earlier for today's editions, the date of death for Martha Frick, one of four children born to Henry . Henry Clay's 10 Most Significant Accomplishments. I give and bequeath unto my grandson Henry Clay two hundred and forty acres of land adjoining to James Hill to him and his heirs and assigns forever. Deceased persons are not concerned by this provision. This is a 2-bed, 1-bath, 1,157 sqft property. ). We collect and match historical records that Ancestry users have contributed to their family trees to create each person's profile. 5, p. 301, - Patent Book # 27, p. 301), 1 UID 50BA434E030B8547912B2FE4DA25FBCA08AE. Filson Club Publications, No. [1] Henry married Mary Mitchell Clay (1693-1777). Henry Clay Frick was born, from relatively modest Mennonite stock, on December 19, 1849, in West Overton, a rural community in southwestern Pennsylvania. Clay County, Iowa is named after the Senator's son, Henry, Jr. 1840 Federal Census. Personal, official, and family correspondence, speeches, writings, business records, legal files, biographical material, printed matter, and other papers chiefly documenting the public career and private life of statesman Henry Clay, his son James B. Clay, and other Clay family members. My maternal gr-grandfather was HENRY CLAY LEE, born in Indiana c.1832.He married Margaret Ellen Starkey in Placerville, CA in 1860. Support Ashlands mission by giving, volunteering, and getting involved. I give to me daughter Mary Watkins five pounds Current money. Husband of Mary Clay ", Petriello, David. Research genealogy for Henry Clay Hartley of Davidson, North Carolina, as well as other members of the Hartley family, on Ancestry. Discover Henry Clay. However, there does appear to be evidence of the children from a potential relationship which is fairly challenging to prove or disprove. "Through the Eyes of the Enemy: Why Henry Clay Lost the Presidential Election of 1844 through the Lens of The Daily Argus of Portland, Maine. Ashland was Henry Clays cherished home for nearly half a century. 1777 - Born April 12 in Hanover County, Virginia. Take a tour, bring a group, explore the grounds, shop, dine at our seasonal caf, take in some history, and enjoy year-round natural beauty. Some Descendants of John Clay (Emigrant to Jamestown 1613) Through his son Charles Clay (ca 1638-1686) and his wife Hannah Wilson Compiled.This source gathers much research on the larger family of which Henry Clay is a member and is a valuable starting point. I give to my daughter Amey Williamson five pounds current money. 31 Jan 1716/17, Henrico County, Viriginia d. 25 Feb 1789, Powhatan County, (Age 72 years) Last Modified 1 Sep 2017 Family ID F00169, !Clay,Mrs. Family: Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia 1607-1624/5, published by the Order of First Families of Virginia [third edition 1987], pg. I give to me daughter Mary Watkins five pounds Current money. McMurtry Allen, Jane. This source gathers much research on the larger family of which Henry Clay is a member and is a valuable starting point. Item. Portrait by Matthew Harris Jouett, 1818 (credit: Wikimedia Commons) On April 12, 1777, the Kentucky politician Henry Clay was born. ", Morgan, William G. Henry Clays Biographers and the Corrupt Bargain Charge., Morgan, William G. John Quincy Adams Versus Andrew Jackson: Their Biographers And The Corrupt Bargain Charge., Patrick, Andrew P. "Hemp & Henry Clay: Binding the Bluegrass to the World. Between Margaret Wood and Magnolia, there are eleven descendants in the female tail line that have won the Kentucky Derby and many more who have won other legs of the Triple Crown and other major stakes races. a responsive trob in the human breast. Fourth I give and bequeath unto my son, John Clay, the plantation whereon he now lives and all of my land on the north side of Swift Creek and upper side of Nuttree Run, to him and his heirs forever. It was an above-average home for a common Virginia planter of that time. Henry Clay was born on month day 1811, at birth place, Kentucky, to Henry Clay and Lucretia Clay (born Hart). Last Will and Testament of Henry Clay: In the name of God aman this Twenty eighth day of March in the year of our lord Christ one thousand seven hundred & forty nine I Henry Clay of Henrico County being of perfect health mind memory thanks be to God therefore and calling to mind my mortality and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die do make and ordain this my last will and Testament that is to say princably and first of all I give my Soul into the hands of God that gave it and as for my body I commend it to the earth to be buried in a christian like and decent form at the discretion of my Executors nothing doubting but at the general resurection I shall receive the same again by might power of God and as touching my worldly estate wherewith it hath pleased God to bless me in this life I give devise and dispose of the same in manner and form .. Imprimis I give and bequeath unto my Son William Clay the land and plantation whereon he now lives and my land and plantation on deep Creek in Henrico County whereon Richard Belcher now lives to him and his heirs and assigns forever.

Sinton Baseball Coach, Wedding Kirstenbosch Gardens, Articles H