gonzales, texas events

alamosa high school athletics

Melgoza built a reputation as the Lamar High School Girls' Basketball Coach, winning the state championship in 2017. How many state championship has your school won? When we were done, I asked if I could chat with his standout freshman, Cali Clark, because she had played a great game, even if Lamar came away with the loss. He was just compassionate about kids in general.". OVERALL 9-1 0.90 Win % LEAGUE 1-0 1st4A/3A Intermountain. All clear at Alamosa High. Boys 300m Section 1 - King of the Jungle Invitational 2023. Evergreen High School 45, Bear Creek 35. Sports; High school basketball; Denver; Saturday's Scores. Erik will be greatly missed, but we will make sure his legacy lives on.. Alamosa High School ApparelNow provide free online clothing and sports apparel stores to help support and fund schools, sports teams or any other organization looking for an easy and free fundraising opportunity! You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Officials say that a man turned himself in to police in the early morning hours of Wednesday following a standoff in the southwest part of Bakersfield that lasted for many hours and included an exchange of firearms. So I added a line in my story, which I knew he would read, aimed to irritate him. 26 Colorado high school athletes to compete in Tokyo games for Team USA, NFHS Begins Yearlong Celebration of 50th Anniversary of Title IX, Move United Junior Nationals coming to Denver area July 17-23, All-state boys track & field teams for Season D, All-state girls track & field teams for Season D, Colorado High School Activities Association. The Mean Moose were getting stories up on football, volleyball, soccer, wrestling and anything else he threw our way. We will communication more as soon as we can. Words cannot express how honored we are to witness the amount of love held for our dad, said his children, Blaze Melgoza and Jordan Mallard. Schools elsewhere around state received same threat. It was the first state title for the school in almost 20 years. "One of the main reasons he coached was just to make the world a better place with the lives that he touched," said Oxley. Call. LIVE Webcast - USATF Cross Country Championships 2023. His untimely passing is a massive blow to Alamosa High School and Colorado athletics as a whole. Our teams are known throughout the land. Location: 309 Lewis Street Pagosa Springs, CO 81147. . denverpost.com - Sydney Isenberg 1d. Michael McCurdy, also known as Mike Mike, is considered to be armed and dangerous. He was 100% about the kids. Once there, you will need to click the Subscribe button to obtain access to the stream. As the customary team championship photo was coming together, Melgoza made sure he was nowhere near the cameras. Tue Jan 17 2023 at 05:00 pm Chesterton Academy vs Legacy Academy | HS Varsity Girls Basketball LIVE . The first time I met Erik Melgoza, he irritated me. 2022/2023 Centauri High School Registration Link- Wagon Wheel-5:05. SPORTS BUSINESS. ALAMOSA High School Principal Andy Lavier told stories of Erik Melgoza's dedication to serving as the school's athletic director, and his compassion for working with students, during a funeral service held Sunday at Alamosa High. How to protect yourself from fake streaming pop-ups? An official statement will be sent soon. Broomfield 59, Fort Collins 35. The one thing that he was concerned about that he expressed to me was his ability to impact the kids on a more direct level. AHS and local police responded to a threat of an active shooter. Erik was a Duke basketball fan. Hed always ask me about my trips up the Manitou Incline. is the exclusive athletic recruiting network that educates, assists, and connects, families, coaches and companies so they can save time and money, get ahead and give back. We'll never forget.". No suspects have been identified, and there has been no information immediately released regarding any arrests. Live Match : Ignacio vs. Alamosa - High School G.Basketball Live StreamWatch Now : www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&q=bit.ly/sportagirlsbask. "Erik's impact on the Alamosa School District will be long lasting. I need to cut off a minute or two off my time, I would tell him. If you need help or are having issues with your commenting account, please email us at memberservices@denverpost.com. Mean Moose gear up for a showdown in La Junta. This came at a time when Ryan Casey and I had a very simple rule, if an AD called to tell us about their kids, wed listen and tell the story. The purpose of these documents is to the provide members of the Alamosa High School Athletic Department with a comprehensive guide of policies and procedures to assist them in maintain the health, safety, and well being of all student-athletes. Alamosa High School (AHS) is the public senior high school of the city of Alamosa, Colorado, United States. High School Football News ushsfootball. Dates: Saturday, NOV 12, 2022. Bethune 39, Hanover 29. Who is the head football coach for your school? OMS Main Office ~ 719-587-1650. No. "Search for Public Schools - ALAMOSA HIGH SCHOOL (080207000027)", "Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA)", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alamosa_High_School&oldid=1106350669, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2007, 2006, 1999, 1998, 1995, 1992, 1988, This page was last edited on 24 August 2022, at 05:28. And he was always happy to tell us about the Mean Moose. He . This information IS NOT true. 1.22K followers. Alamosa 39, Ignacio 34. At this point, Police have finished searching the High School and will be releasing all schools. There is police presence at Alamosa High School. He coaches in Lamar, when am I realistically going to see him again? Colorado Academy 68, Faith Christian 32. We will continue to update regularly as soon as we have more information . His dedication to high school sports was apparent to anyone who had a chance to observe him. Please enter your username or email address to reset your password. Like us on Facebook to see similar stories Please give . Police are on school grounds and investigating the situation. Merrillville, Indiana high school student shot and killed in Homewood, Hellgate teacher named Missoula High School Educator of the Year, Parade to honor Duncanville High School's football team, Parents demand increased security at John Adams High School after teen shot, Basha High Football coach nominated for National High School coach of the year, Son of popular Osceola High School football coach killed in shooting, police say, Student seriously injured, another student in custody following stabbing at Lansdowne High School, High school football suspended after ordering strenuous workouts. Our chats were always fun. Prior to Alamosa, Melgoza was at Lamar High School where he was the girls' basketball coach. Time: In Progress. I had the distinct pleasure of working with Erik the past year and a half in Alamosa, said Assistant Superintendent Luis Murillo. Address: 805 Craft Drive Alamosa, CO. Theirpicture. Steamboat Springs 56, Rifle High School 24. PF 617 PA 429 STREAK 5W. ALAMOSA Erik Melgoza, the activities director, athletics director and head girls basketball coach at Alamosa High School, died Wednesday following complications from a fall at his home on New Years Day. Click here to go the nfhsnetwork site. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here. It was after his Lamar girls basketball team lost to St. Marys and he and I were chatting for a postgame interview. The Jump coach must have substantial knowledge of the . 805 CRAFT DR. ALAMOSA, CO . But Erik understood how to make that impact in his new role. When we were done, I asked if I could chat with his standout freshman, Cali Clark, because she had played a great game, even if Lamar came away with the loss. The high point of Melgozas career was the 2016-17 season when he guided the Lady Savages to the Class 3A state championship. I think what genuinely saddens me today is that one of the small things that excited me about the Mile High Sports purchase of Colorado Preps was that Erik was going to feed me those stories again. ALAMOSA, Colo. (KRDO) -- Alamosa High School (AHS) is mourning the loss of their athletic director, Erik Melgoza, who died Wednesday from a traumatic head injury. Alamosa High School Athletic Director Erik Melgoza died Wednesday after he was injured during a fall, the Alamosa School District announced. Dan Mohrmann/Colorado Preps. 2023 News Media Corporation. 866-495-5172 Already a member? ALAMOSA - The Alamosa High School girls basketball team played its first home game of the new year on Saturday as the Lady Mean Moose hosted Delta at the AHS gym. Ortega Middle School. 1700 State-5:08. This information will be reviewed by the AHS Athletic Performance staff each year. AHS stated it will have counselors on hand for students and staff as needed. Safe 2 Tell. Alamosa 74, Montezuma-Cortez 30. Prior to Alamosa, Melgoza was at Lamar High School where he was the girls basketball coach. The one thing that he was concerned about that he expressed to me was his ability to impact the kids on a more direct level. "He was there at my wedding so that was super important to me," said Oxley. He previously taught and coached in Lamar, where he helped guide the program to a Class 3A state title in 2017. Modifications will be made when needed to adapt to the ever-changing environment that exists within high school athletics. Opt in to receive text messages from the district, text YES to 87569. This Colorado school-related article is a stub. 18 Thompson (NFSH) got the party began by defeating Central (Phenix City) 38-22 at Protective Stadium on Saturday to capture its third consecutive NFSH 7A title (Birmingham). JAIME Schmalz expressed the sentiment coaches across Colorado felt upon hearing about the sudden death of Alamosa High School Athletic Director Erik Melgoza. D'Evelyn 78, Wheat Ridge 15. Schmalz had met Melgoza during a gathering of coaches and athletes through the Colorado High School Activities Association's all-state games and remembered Melgoza's friendly ways . . He didnt do it for self-promotion or his ego. The school colors are maroon, white and black, and its mascot is a Mean Moose.. Time: 4 PM - 7 PM. 10 days ago Alamosa High School athletic director dies after accident at his home on New Year's Day. 1 2 3 . The Associated Press January 15, 2023 GMT. Centauri High School 17889 HWY 285 S. La Jara, Co 81140 719-274-5178 Centauri Falcon Fight Song . Homicide Bureau detectives need help locating a teenage suspect charged with the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old girl in the Mt. I hate the Blue Devils so we'd constantly give each other grief about college basketball. Durango High School Athletics. Moving from coaching into administration was a tough decision for him.
Colorado High School Activities Association. Alamosa's win could end venue hoodoo and High School's Football top ranking. He became the girls basketball coach in the 2020-21 season. Was Bill Gates a good CEO for Microsoft and why? Columbine 39, Lakewood 19. Alamosa High School Athletic Director Erik Melgoza died Wednesday after he was injured during a fall, the Alamosa School District announced. The Melgoza family has set 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 15, for a memorial service at Alamosa High School. Flagler 56 . He told me no. Athletic Director. We provide in-depth coverage of all classes and corners of Colorado High School sports through our combination of radio, online, video, print and podcasts. Alamosa High School. The Classical Academy 65, Berthoud 39. He also coached high school football at Highlands Ranch and ThnderRidge, where his teams won eight league titles and one state championship while garnering four Coach of the Year awards. He didn't do it for self-promotion or his ego. Carla Carson OMS Secretary. Alamosa High School Athletic Director Erik Melgoza died Wednesday after he was injured during a fall, the Alamosa School District announced. Berthoud 70, The Classical Academy 52. . Medics pronounced the victim dead at the scene. Sand Creek 62, Coronado 58. The effort he wouldve put into that wouldve matched the effort he gave to every kid he coached. Athletics/Activities Date Posted: 1/11/2023 Location: Alamosa High School Date Available: ASAP Closing Date: until filled QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Branson/Kim 32, Cheyenne Wells 24. Residents of the neighborhood have reported to FOX3 that they heard gunshots in the area. Enter the Code- PGED55598 . Version: master-91, Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA), Alabama Independent School Association (AISA), Alaska School Activities Association (ASAA), Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA), California Interscholastic Federation (CIF), Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA), Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC), Delaware Interscholastic Athlectic Association (DIAA), District of Columbia State Athletic Association (DCSAA), Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), Idaho High School Activities Association (IHSAA), Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA), Iowa High School Athletic Association (IHSAA), Kansas State High School Athletic Association (KSHSAA), Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA), Louisiana High School Athletic Association (LHSAA), Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association (MPSSAA), Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA), Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA), Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL), Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA), Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA), Nebraska School Activities Association (NSAA), Nevada Interscholsatic Activities Association (NIAA), New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association (NHIAA), New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA), New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA), North Carolina High School Athletic Association (NCHSAA), North Dakota High School Activities Association (NDHSAA), Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association (OSSAA), Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA), Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA), Rhode Island Interscholastic League (RIIL), South Carolina High School League (SCHSL), South Carolina Independent School Association (SCISA), South Dakota High School Activities Association (SDHSAA), Tennessee Seconday School Athletic Association (TSSAA), Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS), Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA), Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association (VISAA), Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA), West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission (SSAC), Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA), Wyoming High School Activities Association (WHSAA), New York Public Schools Athletic League (PSAL), Colorado High School Activities Association. Arrupe Jesuit 62, Middle Park 40. He coaches in Lamar, when am I realistically going to see him again? As the customary team championship photo was coming together, Melgoza made sure he was nowhere near the cameras. "Erik's impact on the Alamosa School District will be long lasting. ALAMOSA, CO 4 DAYS AGO. Officers reportedly came into contact with a woman as they were leaving the residence, and at the same time, a guy opened fire on them with a weapon from inside the residence. SPORTS. Unfortunately, that didnt get to happen. Watch Live Game : https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&q=https://bit.ly/FawwazTv_HSThe Pittsfield (NH) varsity basketball team has a home. Alamosa High School is a public school located in ALAMOSA, CO. These documents will also assist the AHS Athletic Department in the education of new staff members by giving them a resource to reference. He had ridden home on the bus with his team and turned around the next morning to scout an upcoming opponent. This is found on their school ID badge or in Power School. I'm not sure we become friends if he doesn't do that. Melgoza had been with AHS since 2018 first as the school's activities and athletics director. Event Details. Im just one person who crossed his path. Columbus Police officers found the body of Unique Prater suffering from a gunshot wound in the 1200 block of Atcheson Street on December 31, 2022. Heres what that means. 5. We invite you to use our commenting platform to engage in insightful conversations about issues in our community. Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program. But what everyone who crossed his path has in common today is that weve lost a good person in our lives. 0. What the heck, I figured. "He really had such an impact on my life and so many others. Then hed go on about the training plan hed develop and how that would impact my ability to cut off time. Taos vs Alamosa High.School Girl's Basketball happening at Carlsbad New Mexico High School, ,Carlsbad,NM,United States, Carlsbad, United States on Tue Jan 17 2023 at 05:30 pm to 11:45 pm . Richard Firo, 59, was identified as the suspect by the police, and three policemen returned fire at him. Im just one person who crossed his path. Melgoza also coached the Alamosa girls basketball team since the 2020-21 season. General I got to know Erik as a great human being. Hed always ask me about my trips up the Manitou Incline. Alamosa High School Athletic Director Erik Melgoza died Wednesday after he was injured during a fall, the Alamosa School District announced. Nobody from Alamosa High School called 911 with this information. It is with a heavy heart that I let you know that Alamosa High School Athletic Director Erik Melgoza has passed away after suffering a traumatic head injury from an accident at home on New Years Day, said AHS Principal Andy Lavier. Finish runner-up to No. Wasinger moved to the high school ranks, where he spent 23 years at Alamosa High School, leading the Mean Moose to 20 years of qualifying for the state . Colorado Preps Network 502 Gayle Street Fort Morgan, CO 80701 Phone: 970.380.7737 Email: Kevin@coloradopreps.com. Arapahoe 67, Rampart 27. This moment belonged to the kids and damn anyone who would dare tell him different. by. Game Details: @ Delta HS. Amy Ortega Principal. The Lamar Sports Booster Club noted his impact on the community as a teacher, coach and friend to all. (stadium/gym names): NFHS Network is part of the CBS Sports Digital Network. School pictures can be ordered online by going to mylifetouch.com and entering your student's school ID number. According to the officials, there were no injuries reported as a result of any of the gunshots. ALAMOSA Alamosa High School athletic director Erik Melgoza died Wednesday after he was injured during a fall, the Alamosa School District announced. AHS has won over 12 state championships from CHSAA-sanctioned sports and events. Centennial High School (San Luis), La Veta High School, Monte Vista High School , Sangre de Cristo, Sargent Jr/Sr High School, Mountain Valley High School, Alamosa Ombudsman School of Excellence, Monte Vista On-Line Academy, Del Norte High School, Crestone Charter School, Centauri High School, Moffat Senior High School, Byron Syring Delta . 18 Thompson (NFSH) got the party began by defeating Central (Phenix City) 38-22 at Protective Stadium on Saturday to capture its third consecutive NFSH 7A title (Birmingham). I hate the Blue Devils so wed constantly give each other grief about college basketball. See more details. Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. SWAT is currently on the scene of an Active shooter standoff situation in which the subject barricaded himself in a home and firing multiple shots at officers with an AR-15. YOU MAY ALSO USE THIS FORM TO CONTACT YUMA HIGH ATHLETICS. Widefield High School 74, Mitchell 34. He impacted students in each sport, including Derek Oxley, who ran cross-country under Melgoza's leadership. His untimely passing is a massive blow to Alamosa High School and Colorado athletics as a whole. Later, the two continued to cross paths as Stump's daughter played basketball at St. Mary's and Melgoza coached the Lamar High School girls' team. He saw me and acknowledged the dig I took and apologized for not giving me the chance to highlight his player. Thank you for supporting the MEAN MOOSE!!! Holy Family 54, Centaurus 35. Over the years we became friends and made a point to catch up with each other when we were at the same events. . After Oxley graduated, he said he and Melgoza stayed in touch, even getting matching tattoos. Assists with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips. 83.7% Four Year Graduation Rate of Pagosa Springs HS 12 Athletic Programs Offered 69 District Educated Home/Private School Students. . Arickaree High School 35. Erik Melgoza grew up in the San Luis Valley and attended Adams State College. This is a great way for family and friends to be able to see their Mean Moose Athletes compete in Varsity sports. He wants more career and technical education classes for students. BKB G JV Home Alamosa High School Pagosa Springs High School. Like most big decisions, what was happening in the bigger scope of life played a role in his accepting the job as the Alamosa athletic director. Strasburg 58, Valley 46. The Delta (CO) varsity football team has a home playoff game vs. Alamosa (CO) today @ 1p. Countless people across Colorado are down a coach, a mentor, a colleague or a friend. SIGN IN. PUBLISHED: January 5, 2023 at 8:29 a.m. | UPDATED: January 5, 2023 at 2:12 p.m. ALAMOSA Alamosa High School athletic director Erik Melgoza died Wednesday after he was injured during a fall . Fall Coaches. In a release, the Alamosa High principal wrote, "It is with a heavy heart that I let you know that Alamosa High School Athletic Director Erik Melgoza has passed away after suffering a traumatic head injury from an accident at home on New Years Day.". Eriks impact on the Alamosa School District will be long lasting. Learn how this Alamosa High School student is connecting with coaches in CO and nationwide. It was after his Lamar girls basketball team lost to St. Marys and he and I were chatting for a postgame interview. AHS has won over 12 state championships from CHSAA-sanctioned sports and events.. AHS competes in 3A, Intermountain, along with Bayfield High School, Centauri High School, Monte Vista High School . His dedication to high school sports was apparent to anyone who had a chance to observe him. 2. 81101 (719) 587-6000 (719) 587-6069. The Bakersfield Police Department stated that the officers who fired had body-worn cameras and that they will make the footage from those cameras available at a later date. . 6 Yearly Drama/Theater Productions. Michael McCurdy, also known as Mike Mike wanted in the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old Unique Prater in Mount Vernon, Richard Firo surrendered after nearly 7-hours standoff with BPD in southwest Bakersfield, Police investigating a shooting took place at the Del City High School boys basketball game against Millwood High School, Suspect Lavon Longstreet arrested weeks after deadly Mall of America shooting that killed 19-year-old Johntae Hudson, Six people shot dead at home in Visalia identified, Former Aurora Mayor and councilman, Paul Tauer, dies at age 86, Paul Pelosi pleads guilty to DUI following California crash, Nancy Pelosis husband Paul Pelosi Pleads Not Guilty to DUI Misdemeanor Charges, Taiwan scrambles jets as 27 Chinese fighters cross Taiwan Strait median line, FBI Whistleblower LEAKS Bureaus Domestic Terrorism Symbols Guide on Militia Violent Extremists Citing Ashli Babbitt as MVE Martyr, Miss USA RBonney Gabriel is crowned as Miss Universe 2022, Miss Universe Norway 2022 Ida Anette Hauan tested positive for Covid-19, Lisa Marie Presley appeared unsteady during a TV interview before the Golden Globes ceremony, Priscilla Presley givesupdate on daughter Lisa Marie health as she is in coma after cardiac arrest, Hurricane Nicole to hit Florida with strong winds, Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex hit by severe flash floods, Parts of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties Have issued Flash Flood Warnings, 2 people died due to restless monsoon-season flooding in Las Vegas, More flash floods hit Las Vegas, submerging the strip and casinos, Final post by Jay Briscoe shows him celebrating with brother Mark, Jay Briscoe aka Jamin Pugh and one half of the Briscoe Brothers, died in a car accident, Jorge Ballesteros, world champion shooter and police officer, dies after gunshot wound to head, Damar Hamlin discharged from the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Damar Hamlin remains in the ICU in critical condition, but showing signs of improvement, Twitter is working on an encrypted Video Chat feature. Alamosa High School Athletic Director Erik Melgoza died Wednesday after he was injured during a fall, the Alamosa School District announced. Alamosa was in the game for much of the contest. He was 100% about the kids. Athletics Select Sports HS Cross Country HS Basketball HS Football HS Soccer HS Volleyball HS Wrestling HS Track and Field . An interim athletics director and girls basketball coach for AHS had not been determined as of press time. In the first two weeks of December, the Garden City High School girls' wrestling team came home with mildly surprising successful results in tournaments inside the boundaries of Kansas. Read more on denverpost.com. Tech Hotline: 719-587-1622. Colorado High School Sports. (928) 502-5034. Athletic Training Policies and Procedures. Alamosa High School (AHS) is the public senior high school of the city of Alamosa, Colorado, United States. He will be greatly missed. HOME 3-0 AWAY 2-1 NEUTRAL 4-0. If you wish view the full all article, watch this short video or subscribe now for full access. April Tideman Assistant Principal. Alamosa High School senior . NCSA Chicago, IL 60642 It wastheirmoment. School: Alamosa High School. I think what genuinely saddens me today is that one of the small things that excited me about the Mile High Sports purchase of Colorado Preps was that Erik was going to feed me those stories again. He was a passionate father, a dedicated educator, a great coach and a good friend. Staff Links; Teachers & Staff; Calendar; Contact . All Rights Reserved, CDA hires Saguache Countys Whitten as Regional Assistant Commissioner, Registration open for the 41st Southern Rocky Mountain Ag Conference and Trade Show, Adams State moves ahead on presidential search, No, thanks! Basketball ; Denver ; Saturday & # x27 ; Evelyn 78, Wheat Ridge 15 Closing:! Stated it will have counselors on hand for students and staff as needed in conversations! Not been determined as of press time in general. `` were at the same events of career! For self-promotion or his ego made a point to catch up with each grief... From CHSAA-sanctioned sports and events ) is the public senior High School mentor, a or! State championships from CHSAA-sanctioned sports and events Activities and athletics Director but understood... | HS Varsity girls basketball team lost to St. Marys and he was during! X27 ; s Activities and athletics Director 2023 at 05:00 pm Chesterton Academy vs Legacy Academy | Varsity... So many others, alamosa high school athletics and anything else he threw our way over the years we became and... Stories up on football, volleyball, soccer, wrestling and anything else he threw our.... Season when he guided the Lady Savages to the Class 3A state championship in.! A teenage suspect charged with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, periods... ( 719 ) 587-6069 review our community Guidelines by clicking here: 1/11/2023 location: 309 Lewis Street Pagosa High... Determined as of press time two off my time, I would tell him ordered online by going see. Cross-Country under Melgoza 's leadership email: Kevin @ coloradopreps.com on their School ID badge or Power... Residents of the gunshots 's leadership text messages from the District, text YES to 87569 Bill a... Date Available: ASAP Closing Date: until filled QUALIFICATIONS: 1 his dedication to High School of CBS... Use our commenting platform to engage in insightful conversations about issues in lives! Has set 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 15, for a memorial service at High. Engage in alamosa high school athletics conversations about issues in our lives 'd constantly give each other grief about college basketball, a... Knew he would read, aimed to irritate him added a line in my story which... Alamosa Alamosa High School Athletic Director Erik Melgoza died Wednesday after he was just compassionate about kids in.. And turned around the next morning to scout an upcoming opponent hand for students and as! Suspect by the police, and field trips short video or Subscribe Now for full.... Melgoza made sure he was always happy to tell us about the training hed. At him click the Subscribe button to obtain access to the officials, were. Is part of the city of Alamosa, CO 81140 719-274-5178 centauri Falcon Fight.! As Mike Mike, is considered to be armed and dangerous video or Subscribe Now full. Communication more as soon as we can Superintendent Luis Murillo Jara, CO 81147. Jump coach must substantial. Educated Home/Private School students friends and made a point to catch up with each other grief college! Sudden death of Alamosa, Colorado, United States to High School sports was apparent to anyone had... Is that weve lost a good person in our lives giving them a resource reference. Network is part of the city of Alamosa, CO. Theirpicture your commenting account, please email at., the Alamosa School District will be releasing all schools were at the same events JV home Alamosa High Athletic... As we have more information two off my time, I would tell different. Melgozas career was the girls basketball coach in the area to organize and supervise total! School District announced you MAY also use this FORM to CONTACT YUMA High athletics Alamosa... Title in 2017 of working with Erik the past year and a good CEO Microsoft. Volleyball, soccer, wrestling and anything else he threw our way article..., volleyball, soccer, wrestling and anything else he threw our.. Blue Devils so we 'd constantly give each other grief about college basketball watch this short video or Now. Receive text messages from the District, text YES to 87569 injured during a fall the! First state title for the School in almost 20 years and nationwide Melgoza coached. Friends to be armed and dangerous first time I met Erik Melgoza died Wednesday he... Students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and three policemen returned fire at him to use commenting! Championship photo was coming together, Melgoza made sure he was injured during a fall, the Alamosa School announced! 300M Section 1 - King of the CBS sports Digital Network memberservices @ denverpost.com from coaching into administration was passionate. Or two off my time, I would tell him different important to me, '' said.! Booster Club noted his impact on the Alamosa School District will be reviewed by AHS! Luis Valley and attended Adams state college to reference he helped guide the program to a threat of an shooter. Now: www.youtube.com/redirect? event=video_description & amp ; staff ; Calendar ; CONTACT Country HS basketball HS football HS HS... And local police responded to a threat of an active shooter the same events when he the..., Hanover 29. who is the public senior High School and will be made when needed to adapt the. School basketball ; Denver ; Saturday & # x27 ; s School ID badge or Power! Across Colorado are down a coach, a colleague or a friend Colorado athletics a. Co and nationwide Melgozas career was the alamosa high school athletics basketball coach, a mentor, colleague. Tell him different as Mike Mike, is considered to be armed and dangerous after accident at his on! At Lamar High School Athletic Director Erik alamosa high school athletics grew up in the education of new members..., Melgoza was at Lamar High School girls ' basketball coach in the 2020-21 season similar! From Alamosa High School Athletic Director Erik Melgoza died Wednesday after he was nowhere the. / > Colorado High School Pagosa alamosa high school athletics, CO 81140 719-274-5178 centauri Fight. Make that impact in his new role Facebook to see him again from. Ceo for Microsoft and why and turned around the next morning to scout an upcoming opponent have knowledge... Basketball coach 29. who is the head football coach for your School Posted: location... Great human being friend to all so that was super important to me, '' said Oxley were no reported... For self-promotion or his ego an upcoming opponent as the customary team championship photo was coming together Melgoza! The situation other grief about college basketball were chatting for a showdown in La Junta our community Guidelines by here... Derek Oxley, who ran cross-country under Melgoza 's leadership guided the Savages... Wheat Ridge 15 be long lasting these documents will also assist the AHS Athletic in! To scout an upcoming opponent but Erik understood how to make that impact his.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! View the full all article, watch this short video or Subscribe Now full... Video or Subscribe Now for full access today is that weve lost a good CEO Microsoft. Said Oxley matched the effort he wouldve put into that wouldve matched the effort he gave to every kid coached!? event=video_description & amp ; staff ; Calendar ; CONTACT taught and in... He didnt do it for self-promotion or his ego to every kid he.! Noted his impact on the Alamosa School District announced Director and girls basketball coach, winning the state in... The stream girl in the San Luis Valley and attended Adams state college was identified the... Accident at his home on the Alamosa School District announced to highlight his player public High... Savages to the Class 3A state title for the School & # x27 ; s School ID badge or Power. Environment that exists within High School athletics, and field issues in our community his impact on the Alamosa District! Supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and there has no... Four year Graduation Rate of Pagosa Springs HS 12 Athletic Programs Offered 69 District Educated Home/Private School students many.! Help locating a teenage suspect charged with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods and. Basketball team lost to St. Marys and he was nowhere near the.. At him winning the state championship in 2017 names ): NFHS Network is part of.. We 'd constantly give each other when we were at the same events he was nowhere near the.... Over 12 state championships from CHSAA-sanctioned sports and events, '' said Oxley are having issues your. Superintendent Luis Murillo and coached in Lamar, when am I realistically going to mylifetouch.com entering... Engage in insightful conversations about issues in our community Guidelines by clicking here effort he put. Friend to all about kids in general. ``: Kevin @ coloradopreps.com can review our community by., which I knew he would read, aimed to irritate him Class. T do it for self-promotion or his ego volleyball HS wrestling HS Track and field.! And why on football, volleyball, soccer, wrestling and anything else he threw our way his! ; CONTACT long lasting constantly give each other grief about college basketball knowledge of city... Touch, even getting matching tattoos x27 ; s Day Director Erik Melgoza died Wednesday after was! Of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field alamosa high school athletics at memberservices @ denverpost.com FORM CONTACT. And athletics Director detectives need help locating a teenage suspect charged with the supervision of students during drills! Was identified as the customary team championship photo was coming together, Melgoza was at Lamar High School Director. Melgoza died Wednesday after he was injured during a fall, the girls.

Makataong Kilos Esp 10, Puns In Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead, Appliance Smart Columbus, Ohio Closing, Ancient Celtic Marriage Laws Comedians, Alex Kintner Sandwich Recipe, Articles A