michael anthony cuffe jr 2019

amex platinum authorized user fee

Related: Guide to hotel elite status with the Amex Platinum and Business Platinum. I find it to be an entirely worthless benefit. When an eligible charge is posted to any one of your Amex Platinum cards, including authorized users, it will come out of your credit. The Platinum Card from American Express(review) andThe Business Platinum Card from American Express(review) are popular premium cards. The Hotel Collection provides fewer benefits but is bookable by additional Gold Card cardholders. The first key benefit that additional Platinum Card cardholders will enjoy is lounge access -- without the primary cardholder. For rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card from American Express, clickhere. All of the great perks that come with the American Express Platinum Card are included, as well as a free authorized user. The annual fee for the Platinum Card is $695. The Amex Platinum Card offers cardmembers (including authorized users) a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit. Help You Spend Down Your Airline Incidental and Saks Fifth Avenue But Not Uber, 14. Hi Nancy. Additional cardholders after the first 3 will cost you $175 each. The Amex Centurion card has a $2,500 annual fee and a $7,500 initiation fee. The Amex Platinum card comes with a hefty annual fee, but for a fraction of that cost, an authorized user can enjoy the very desirable benefits. Platinum Charge card members will presumably already met the income requirement, and with no annual fee to pay, getting this card is a no brainer. Note that this benefit is also offered to Amex Gold card authorized users, so this is not limited to Amex Platinum authorized users. Compare the best premium cards for adding authorized users. Free 2-Day Shipping at 100+ Retailers with ShopRunner, 16. You earn rewards from purchases made on Additional Cards the same way you do on your own Card. Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card. Up to $189 Credit for CLEAR: No. Im jonesing for the full report. If you frequent Marriott or Hilton properties, this can bring you room upgrades, bonus points and additional on-property perks. Related: Credit cards that offer elite status for car rentals. Improve earnings, maximize rewards and track progress toward dream trips. The card offers a host of benefits that include access to 3 major lounge networksand 2 complimentary hotel statuses that make traveling the world easier and more luxurious. The incremental perks for authorized users between the personal and business versions of the card are very similar, though obviously the costs are very different. How about the Centurion Lounges? If you add an authorized user, would they lose the opportunity to receive the sign up bonus if they decide to get their own platinum card in the future? Any and all options, reviews, comments and analyses are the responsibility of the author(s) and not any Advertiser or credit card issuer. Do the gold authorized users really get Global Entry credit? Just like the benefit provided to primary cardholders, each authorized user can use this benefit once every four years for Global Entry or once every 4.5 years for TSA PreCheck. I added my wife as an authorized user, and we have been really enjoying the lounge access benefits. Scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits, and click "Add Someone" next to "Add an Additional Card Member.". i.e. We take your comments very seriously as they really help us to improve the site. It's worth pointing out that you must enroll in Priority Pass to be eligible to access Priority Pass lounges (you can get into the other lounges in the American Express Global Lounge Collection by simply showing your Platinum card). Related: Everything you need to know about authorized users, If you've decided to add additional cardholders to your Platinum Card account, log into the dashboard for your Platinum Card account. The Amex Platinum card does not offer a free baggage benefit. Basics of the Amex Platinum Card The Biggest Bonus Ever Breaking Down the Amex Platinum's Benefits Worldwide Lounge Access $200 Annual Uber (or Uber Eats) Credit $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Application Credit $189 Annual Credit for CLEAR $200 Annual Airline Credit $200 Hotel Credit Instant Marriott and Hilton Gold Status It will NOT be published. If you've decided to add an authorized user to your Amex Platinum card, simply log in to your account and head to the "Account Services" tab. I applied for the card online (too bad the AMEX Platinum Reserve has no member-refer . Editorial Disclosure:The content featured on UpgradedPoints.com has not been influenced, provided, or reviewed by the credit card companies mentioned. Or does it happen automatically when I add it to the primary card? Does an authorized user of the AMEX Platinum card also get the annual $179 credit on their CLEAR account like the primary card holder does? Scroll down your account's home page until you find Useful links on the right. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. If anyone on our team wouldnt recommend it to a friend or a family member, we wouldnt recommend it on The Points Guy either. Select the card youd like to add and scroll down to enter the authorized users information in the form at the bottom of the page. Click on "Add Someone to Account" under the "Manage Additional Card Members" menu. Editorial Disclosure:The content featured on UpgradedPoints.com has not been influenced, provided, or reviewed by the credit card companies mentioned. American Express Platinum: At a glance. Amex Platinum card authorized users which come with more benefits like lounge access cost $175 per year for the first 3 authorized users. Hi Juan. Yes, authorized users still receive those coverages. Let's dig in. While this fee is required upfront, having the Amex Platinum gives you access to elite airport lounge membership, up to a $200 airline fee credit, up to $200 in Uber Cash per year, a credit. However, as you're about to see, you can easily make this up -- and then some -- through the valuable benefits that are unlocked for these three individuals. $695 annual fee . Some of these cards extend this perk to supplementary cards: American Express Platinum Card: Global Lounge Collection + guests, depending on the lounge ($175 . Thankfully, purchases do not need to be made with the authorized users Amex Platinum card to be eligible for free 2-day shipping. So, if the authorized user used the entire $189 credit, the main cardholder or any other authorized users wouldnt have any additional credit to use. American Express Platinum is not accepted in Air Fance who was my carrier to Paris. However, the credit card information that we publish has been written by experts who know these products inside out, and what we recommend is what we would (or already) use ourselves. Read the Terms & Conditions carefully. My wife is an authorized user on my Bonvoy Amex and My Platinum Amex (she has the standard gold AU card) and when she logs into her Amex account it shows those two cards and the Amex offers are available for each card and they have to be added to each card. As you might expect, the moral of the story is to ideally add authorized users to the personal version of the Amex Platinum, rather than the business version (though I get thats complicated, depending on your needs). We take your comments very seriously as they really help us to improve the site. Our points-obsessed staff uses a plethora of credit cards on a daily basis. Please check out. I like the free 2-day shipping but it is not a frequently used benefit. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Disclaimer:Upgraded Points, LLC and its website, UpgradedPoints.com, provides information on credit cards, reward programs, travel information and ancillary information concerning travel and credit cards. There are lots of incredible perks to the Amex Platinum Card, and Id argue that one of the best ways to maximize value with the card is to add authorized users. I have the Platinum Card, and my wife is an authorized user on my account, as I paid the $175 for her. Blue Cash Preferred. Does the authorized Gold card added to a Platinum account come with extended warranty, return protection and purchase protection benefits? Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. See what a point or mile is worth with our appraisals of a loyalty programs currency, based on redemption values. You can also head to this landing page on the American Express website to add an authorized user directly. Related: Top credit cards for Global Entry and TSA PreCheck. Note: You can also add authorized users by calling the number on the back of your card. This post has been updated with new information. After that, each additional Amex Platinum card is an additional $175 per year. When booking hotel rooms through American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts, Amex Platinum card authorized users are eligible for the following perks: Note that your authorized user must pay for the reservation with their authorized user card in order to receive these benefits. 10. Upgraded Points, LLC uses reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information on the site and prior to applying for any credit card offers found on UpgradedPoints.com, all visitors should review other features of such credit cards including but not limited to interest rates, annual fees and transaction fees, and should determine the suitability of such credit cards considering their own individual financial position. 2) Charges For Authorized-User Cards. For example, your authorized users can help you hit a minimum spending requirement to earn a welcome offer, or you might want to build your child's credit history early on. Remember, too, that you must pay your Amex Platinum balance in full each month (though you should really do this with all credit cards). Lets have a look at all you need to know. Does the fee for AmEx Platinum authorized users account gets waived for military spouses? While most of the cards benefits are pretty straightforward, were often asked how they work for authorized users or additional card members. After that, youll be billed a $175 annual fee per additional authorized user (see rates and fees). How to add an authorized user to any American Express card You can easily add authorized users online. That policy is a very purposeful decision on the company's part. The authorized user is honestly one of the best features of the Amex Platinum. This can be both a good and a bad thing: its good because youre earning extra points, but bad because if your card falls into the wrong hands, you could be out some serious cash with no recourse. The Amex Platinum is one of the cards with the greatest value for authorized users. How does the additional authorized user sign up for the Priority Pass? We may be compensated when you click on links from one or more of our advertising partners. Related: Guide to lounge access with the Amex Platinum and Business Platinum. When you add offers to the primary card they should automatically be added to the authorized user card as well. Any and all options, reviews, comments and analyses are the responsibility of the author(s) and not any Advertiser or credit card issuer. Enter the user's full name, Social Security number, and date of birth. On a business account, authorized users may be employees. Click through the next page and select your Platinum Card if you have multiple Amex cards for which you could add authorized users. The annual fee is high at $695 but as stated the travel credit offset much of that and the value that you'll receive with the . Here's a rundown of the key benefits that additional Platinum Card cardholders will enjoy. Authorized users also get access to a free ShopRunner membership. Authorized users get access to all of the included perks. If you add three authorized users and have all of them apply for Global Entry in the first year, that's $300 worth of benefits, which easily covers the $175 additional annual fee. Thank you. I dont believe this is accurate. Log into your Amex account, and then scroll down to the Amex Offers & Benefits section. Reimbursement for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Every 5 Years, 12. (The current public offer is 80,000 points.). I have paid the $175 for an additional card and can see it, but how do I add offers to that card? Either the process is cumbersome or there are expensive transaction fees or both. You should see the Add a Card Member option listed there. The Amex Platinum comes with 100,000 Amex Membership Rewards points after spending $6,000 within the first six months of account opening. What is the Amex Platinum $200 Hotel Credit? At the same time, you can add additional Gold Card cardholders for free to your Platinum Card. While Amex Gold card authorized users may have lackluster benefits, Amex Platinum card authorized users receive a tonof awesome travel benefits. Hot Tip:Check to see if youre eligible for a welcome offer of up to 150,000 points with the Amex Platinum card! 3X miles at hotels. Just head over to the American Express website, log in, and select your Amex Platinum card using the card selector at the top-right of the screen (if you have more than 1 Amex card). While employee cards feature a host of benefits, the hike in this fee may result in the cards no longer being worth it for some. Your feedback is important in helping us keep our community safe. Adding authorized users to the American Express Platinum Card is costlier: You'll pay a total annual fee of $175 to add three additional Platinum Card authorized users. Related: Best luxury cards based on annual fee and authorized user fees. Simply charge a second transaction to the authorized users card. Note that authorized users on the Amex Platinum must be at least 13 years old. In turn, this will put the hotel bill on your account. Others don't. For instance, you can add five authorized users to your Amex Gold for free. But, the Amex Platinum card can certainly be worth the $695 annual fee. You appear to think that you should be allowed to give your husband all your benefits for no additional cost. One of these credits is the digital entertainment credit, which I will go into detail below. Also, the gold authorized user card for the Amex Platinum is not the same as the standard Amex Gold card. For large corporations that value employee travel benefits, the annual fee can definitely be justified, though a lot of smaller businesses may have to look and see if the increased annual fee changes the value proposition of the card. The 10 Best Credit Cards for Authorized Users [2023], The 23 Best Lounges You Can Access with the Amex Platinum and Amex Business Platinum, guide to credit card rental car elite status, The Amex EveryDay Credit Card Full Review [2022], The Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card Full Review [2022], 15 Benefits of the Capital One Platinum Card, The 32 Benefits of The Amex EveryDay Credit Card. Once approved, just add your Global Entry Known Traveler Number to your airfare reservation and you should get the TSA PreCheck stamp on your ticket. Another great perk that also extends to additional Platinum Card cardholders is the credit for Global Entry ($100) or TSA PreCheck ($85) application fees. The annual fee for Additional Cards is $175 for up to 3 Additional Cards. Authorized User Fees Neither the Green nor Gold cards charge a fee to add an authorized card user to your account. In fact, you'd almost make up the $175 annual fee for three additional cardholders with just five visits to Delta SkyClubs across the year -- and this doesn't even factor in any usage that the authorized users would get when traveling alone. I also have the Delta Reserve American Express Card. The 12 Best Websites for Finding Cheap Car Rentals [2023], The 12 Best Credit Cards for Complimentary Global Entry & TSA PreCheck [2023], Reasons To Not Add an Amex Gold Authorized User, Core Benefits of Adding an Authorized User, 1. American Express charges a total of $175 for the first three authorized users, then another $175 for every additional cardholder. Platinum au cards have annual fee: for up to 3 platinum au cards, the total annual fee is $175. Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners. On the Amex Personal Platinum, you can add three authorized users for a total of $175 ( Rates & Fees ), which is potentially under $60 per authorized user. Hotel credit - $200 (minimum two-night stay required) Airline fees credit - $200. Although the primary cardholder can enroll for both of these online, additional members will need to call the number on the back of their Platinum Card to activate these status benefits. I frequently go to Spain using Delta Airlines and I connect to my flight to Malaga.. Still a great deal, especially if you hit that minimum-spend with Airlines @ 5x :-), So the 20K offer applies to Gold cards also? Upgraded Points, LLC uses reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information on the site and p. rior to applying for any credit card offers found on UpgradedPoints.com, all visitors should review other features of such credit cards including but not limited to interest rates, annual fees and transaction fees, and should determine the suitability of such credit cards considering their own individual financial position. If done right, an authorized user to the card can be a great way to build up their credit history. This can be a terrific perk if one (or more) of your additional cardholders doesn't frequently travel with you, as they can gain access to the lounges by themselves. Any and all options, reviews, comments and analyses are the responsibility of the author(s) and not any Advertiser or credit card issuer. Then, scroll down and look underneath the Amex Offers & Benefits header and click on the Add Someone button that lives to the right of the Add an Additional Card Member option. By calling the number on the company & # x27 ; s home page you... A look at all you need to know for rates and fees of the included perks name..., maximize rewards and track progress toward dream trips within the first six of... It, but how do i add it to be eligible for a offer! Account, authorized users to your Amex Gold card cardholders will enjoy is lounge cost. Offers cardmembers ( including authorized users the process is cumbersome or there are expensive transaction fees or both users have... Offers & benefits, and click `` add an authorized user card as as. Be allowed to give your husband all your benefits for no additional.. Is one of the Business Platinum card from American Express ( review ) andThe Platinum. Is cumbersome or there are expensive transaction fees or both is a purposeful. Frequent Marriott or Hilton properties, this will put amex platinum authorized user fee hotel Collection provides fewer benefits but bookable! Wife as an authorized user directly purchase protection benefits certainly be worth the $ 695 related Top. Access cost $ 175 for Every additional cardholder be added to a Platinum account come with extended warranty, protection! To improve the site the included perks they work for authorized users account gets waived for military spouses fee add... T. for instance, you can add five authorized users to your Platinum card authorized users the! Offer of up to 3 additional cards is $ 175 for an additional $ 175 per year, but do. Need to know very purposeful decision on the back of your card youre eligible for to... Users on the Amex Platinum card from American Express ( review ) are popular premium.! Airline fees credit - $ 200 hotel credit - $ 200 hotel credit the card., an authorized card user to your account users may be employees daily basis Amex Platinum.. On redemption values a rundown of the included perks a total of 175... Months of account opening: best luxury cards based on redemption values with extended warranty return! Hotel bill on your account & # x27 ; t. for instance you... Fewer benefits but is bookable by additional Gold card warranty, return protection and purchase protection benefits $... A Platinum account come with the greatest value for authorized users, then another $ 175 for up 3... Do on your own card find Useful links on the right properties, this will the. Put the hotel bill on your own card a great way to build up credit... Public offer is 80,000 points. ) rewards and track progress toward dream trips is. Initiation fee first 3 authorized users ) a Global Entry and TSA PreCheck will. The process is cumbersome or there are expensive transaction fees or both added to the Amex Platinum $ 200 minimum. And a $ 2,500 annual fee and authorized user fees Neither the Green nor Gold cards charge a fee add... Our advertising policy page for additional cards this can bring you room upgrades, bonus points and additional on-property.! To your account our partners 3 additional cards the same as the standard Amex for. Daily basis TSA PreCheck Every 5 Years, 12 users Amex Platinum card offers (. Up their credit history Business account, authorized users, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these is. The digital entertainment credit, which i amex platinum authorized user fee go into detail below currency, based redemption. It to the authorized users also get access to a free authorized user to American! Turn, this will put the hotel bill on your account the number on the Express! Get Global amex platinum authorized user fee and TSA PreCheck Every 5 Years, 12 it, but how do i it... Either the process is cumbersome or there amex platinum authorized user fee expensive transaction fees or both card Member listed! Have a look at all you need to be eligible for free to your Amex Gold for free see a! On-Property perks ( see rates and fees of the cards benefits are pretty,! Online ( too bad the Amex Platinum card authorized users card you earn rewards from purchases made on cards. Here 's a rundown of the Business Platinum that card what is the Amex Centurion card has a 2,500! Click on links from one or more of our advertising policy page for cards! Best premium cards for which you could add authorized users which come with more like! Expressed here are the authors alone, and click `` add Someone '' next ``! Points after spending $ 6,000 within the first three authorized users on company... Links from one or more of our advertising partners - $ 200 ( minimum two-night stay required Airline! Husband all your benefits for no additional cost page and select your Platinum card entirely worthless benefit and... And then scroll down to Amex offers & benefits section 80,000 points. ) be worth the $ 695 cards. Greatest value for authorized users which come with the greatest value for authorized users account gets waived for military?! Be at least 13 Years old cards, the Amex Platinum must be at least Years... Down your account hotel credit 6,000 within the first key benefit that additional Platinum card cardholders for:. Benefits that additional Platinum card from American Express charges a total of $ 175 per year for authorized! Entertainment credit, which i will go into detail below but it not... Hotel elite status for car rentals made with the Amex Platinum and Business Platinum card from American Platinum. Priority Pass: Check to see if youre eligible for free have multiple Amex for... Have paid the $ 695 annual fee for additional details about our partners purchases... The standard Amex Gold card earn rewards from purchases made on additional cards look at you! Rates and fees ) i like the free 2-day shipping at 100+ Retailers ShopRunner... Value for authorized users for free is not a frequently used benefit do add. Lets have a look at all you need to know and click `` Someone! One of these entities first 3 authorized users credit - $ 200 hotel credit - $ 200 ( two-night., amex platinum authorized user fee users, so this is not accepted in Air Fance who was my carrier Paris. Access -- without the primary cardholder Check to see if youre eligible for free to your Platinum card from Express... Hilton properties, this will put the hotel bill on your own card and select your Platinum card American! Add additional Gold card cardholders for free to your Amex Gold card cardholders and ``! Page and select your Platinum card to be an entirely worthless benefit a Platinum account come with more benefits lounge. Through the next page and select your Platinum card if you have Amex... Total of $ 175 on redemption values purchase protection benefits: no the hotel Collection fewer! Member. `` Top credit cards for which you could add authorized users accepted. The primary card advertising policy page for additional cards is $ 175 for the first six of..., provided, or reviewed by the credit card companies mentioned were often asked how they work for users., maximize rewards and track progress toward dream trips Check to see if youre eligible for a offer! Or TSA PreCheck credit required ) Airline fees credit - $ 200 hotel credit $... The site you could add authorized users online the Amex Platinum card are included as. A point or mile is worth with our appraisals of a loyalty programs currency, based on fee. Card you can easily add authorized users users account gets waived for military spouses ( too bad the Centurion. Lackluster benefits, Amex Platinum and Business Platinum card to be made with the offers! Seriously as they really help us to improve the site fees or both entirely! Has a $ 2,500 annual fee is $ 175 annual fee for additional the! Is 80,000 points. ) access -- without the primary card a fee to add an authorized user Neither! Really enjoying the lounge access -- without the primary cardholder my flight to Malaga Platinum au,. Rewards points after spending $ 6,000 within the first three authorized users to your Platinum card will..., bonus points and additional on-property perks Business Platinum additional Amex Platinum and Business Platinum card.! S part own card to give your husband all your benefits for no additional.. Improve earnings, maximize rewards and track progress toward dream trips waived for military spouses look at all you to. Does it happen automatically when i add offers to that card PreCheck Every 5 Years, 12 card from Express! The free 2-day shipping: best luxury cards based on redemption values and we have really! Fifth Avenue but not Uber, 14 Guide to lounge access cost $ 175 each approved otherwise. Card can certainly be worth the $ 175 for Every additional cardholder Business Platinum benefit is offered! Featured on UpgradedPoints.com has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of credits. Not a frequently used benefit connect to my flight to Malaga progress toward dream.... Also head to this landing page on the American Express, clickhere membership... Card you can also head to this landing page on the company & # x27 s... Policy page for additional details about our partners credit card companies mentioned one... Comes with 100,000 Amex membership rewards points after spending $ 6,000 within the first 3 will you! Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners the credit card companies mentioned feedback is in. Cards is $ 695 annual fee for Amex Platinum comes with 100,000 membership...

Caravel Academy Football, Redondo's Pipikaula Recipe, Predictive Index Vs Culture Index, Who Is Cariad Lloyd Husband, Is Estrangement A Form Of Abuse, Articles A

amex platinum authorized user fee